Important information on costs
Higher cost when purchasing abroad
Generally, it is more expensive to purchase a property abroad than it is in Sweden.
We are unable to give you an exact cost estimate at an early stage. Instead, we use an approximate percentage to help you calculate your costs:
- Spain +15%
- Portugal +10%
- France +12%
Your legal contact will present the exact cost to you at a later stage.
Expenses when buying
Below you find some of the most important expenses to consider when buying an apartment or a house.
- Registration of ownership (property title)
- Mortgage certificate
- Notary and registration expenses
- Swedbank establishment fee and yearly fee
- Client’s legal representative
- Fees for lawyer to secure mortgaging (appointed by Swedbank, cannot be the same lawyer as the client’s legal representative)