Important about expenses
Higher cost when purchasing abroad
Generally, it is more expensive to purchase a property abroad compared to Sweden.
We cannot give an exact cost estimate at an early stage. Instead, we use an approximate percentage to help you calculate your expenses:
- Spain + 15%
- Portugal + 10%
- France + 12%
Your legal contact will later on present the exact cost.
Expenses when buying
Below yo find some of the most important expenses to consider when buying an apartment or a house.
- Registration of ownership (property title)
- Mortgage certificate
- Notary and registration expenses
- Swedbank establishment fee and yearly fee
- Client’s legal representative
- Fees for lawyer to secure mortgaging (appointed by Swedbank, cannot be the same lawyer as the client’s legal representative)